This week Penguin Girl is attending cheer camp through the town's parks and rec program. I don't view cheerleading as a sport. I just thought Penguin Girl would have fun because I imagine the camp will have her dancing and jumping around and shouting silly things. The combination of which is pretty annoying when it happens in the house and leads to conflict with Mr. Destructo.
Yesterday I asked Penguin Girl what she did at camp. She demonstrated many, many moves and told me their names. She has never gone to any activity and returned home retaining as much information. I told Car Guy about this. Tonight he asked Penguin Girl what she did at camp and received a similar demonstration. Why is it that she absorbs this much of a completely inane activity over a mere 2 days yet after 2 seasons of soccer, she still seems like she hasn't really played?
No comments:
Post a Comment