Friday, December 30, 2011

Santa

Penguin Girl and I took an unscheduled trip to Las Vegas over her winter break from school because Po-Po was in the hospital.  As usual, Penguin Girl was unperturbed by the sudden change.  It was a pretty good trip for her--she got a new set of books to read (the Percy Jackson series); I taught her how to crochet and this time she could do it; we ate out just about every day; and she got to watch what she wanted on tv without her brother interrupting.  Meanwhile, I slept about 4 hours a night and lost 5 pounds even though we ate out so much.

She did ask if Santa was going to bring her Xmas presents to Vegas.  Uncle W very helpfully interjected, "Sure, Santa knows everything!"  Um, no.  Santa is going to make his regularly scheduled delivery at our house and she will have to wait until we get home to see what he brought.  I didn't even wrap her presents because I thought Penguin Girl would be too old for the Santa charade this year.  You can never tell with her.  I had to call Car Guy and tell him to wrap those suckers up before we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment