We said good-bye to Tallulah the betta fish, Penguin Girl's first pet. She's not sad at all. Tallulah didn't actually die but I suspected he was on his way out. His belly was getting hugely swollen like he swallowed a marble. I put him in a cup with some water and let Lorelei pour him into the lake behind our house to "be with his fish friends." Cay Guy thought she'd be all sad. I gave Tallulah to Penguin Girl for her 2nd birthday so he's been with us for over 2 years. Nope, not one bit sad. She was perfectly happy because, "We can get a new fish at the pet shop, right?" Okay. I even made a video of her letting Tallulah go. At the end I asked her what she was going to do now. She gleefully said, "Go get a new fish at the pet shop!" It reminded me of those old commercials where some a guy who's on some winning sports team gets asked what he's going to do now and he says he's going to Disneyland.
Tallulah was named after Maisie Mouse's bird friend. The new fish is named Glubbee. I have no idea where that came from.

No comments:
Post a Comment