Sunday, December 23, 2007

What Will Santa Bring?

Since we're not Christian, our celebration of the holiday season is totally secular and just involves getting together for a nice meal and exchanging gifts with immediate family.  It never occurred to me to talk to Penguin Girl about Xmas and Santa.  Before this year, I don't even think I got anything for her especially for Xmas.  Today I went to pick her up from the in-law's house and it turns out, Penguin Girl is really looking forward to Xmas.

PG:  I can't wait for Xmas!
Me:  What happens on Xmas?
PG:  Santa comes and brings presents for the kids.  You don't have to ask.  You aready know that, silly.
Me:  What do you think Santa will bring you?
PG:  A talking baby kit.
Me:  What's in that?
PG:  A baby and everything you need to take care of a baby like bottles and diapers.
Me:  Where did you see a talking baby kit?
PG:  Nowhere.  I just thought of it.
Me:  Well, maye Santa will bring you something different.
PG:  Maybe lots of candy!
Me:  I think lots of candy comes at Halloween.
PG:  Maybe Santa will bring gingerbread cookies and candy canes!
Me:  Or maybe something else.

I hadn't even planned to wrap anything up for Lorelei.   But I just dug out a bunch of stuff from my secret gift stash and wrapped it with yellow paper and red ribbon.  I guess I should have asked her what she thought Santa would bring a bit earlier.

But I refuse to do the Easter bunny and basket thing.  I gotta draw the line somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment