Penguin Girl's best friend has been the same girl since forever. I first met the girl and her mom when the girls were both not quite mobile right after we moved here. For the past two years the girls also went to the same preschool together. I always thought it was just so sweet that they have always gotten along so well and were so enthusiastic about each other.
Yesterday I overheard Penguin Girl tell the sitter that she rides the bus every day with her best friend. Huh? I asked her who she was talking about and she named K, the little girl in her class who lives down the road from us. I know that little girls' hearts are fickle and she will go through many best friends but for some reason hearing her say this other girl is her best friend now made me want to cry. She's growing up so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment