Friday, August 29, 2008

I Won!

Car Guy uncharacteristically left work super early so he, Mr. Destructo, and I all met Penguin Girl at the bus stop.  She was in good spirits.  She had a good day.  She says she likes her new teachers as much as her preschool teachers which is great because she LOVES her preschool teachers to pieces.  

She said her favorite part of the day was the afternoon snack which was Ritz Bitz, the cheese kind, something that I would never buy.  The families provide a communal snack and are told to try and make it nutritious but I know most people have a looser definition of that than I do.  I may need to start packing her own snack.

At rest time, the teacher said that they were going to play a game and the child who was the quietest would be the winner.  Penguin Girl really wanted to win so she said she did her best and fell asleep!  One of the teachers woke her up and told her that she won.  My girl is such a good sleeper!  That explains why she seemed so fresh coming off the bus.

Today they worked on teaching the kids sit down/stand up in Chinese.  The game part was to see who could sit or stand the fastest when the teacher said it in Chinese.  According to Penguin Girl she was the only kid there today who could speak Chinese so guess who won.  She said she really likes this school because she won at things all day.  

I'm so happy and so relieved that she had a good day at school and that she enjoyed riding the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment