My limit for Xmas activities is pretty much talking about Santa and exchanging gifts with family. Penguin Girl of course is all about Santa and gifts. We were thinking that she was outgrowing all the Tooth Fairy, Santa, etc. business because she has been suspecting that they are all just Mommy in disguise. But while we were doing our Halloween countdown house, there was one night when I forgot to fill the next little door with something. The next morning Penguin Girl said the Halloween Fairy did not come. I told her to look again after breakfast because she probably just opened the wrong door. I managed to get something in there and stick something in without her noticing. Ever since then, she has gone back to thinking magical beings who bring cool stuff really do exist.
We wanted to know what she actually wants for Xmas. When Car Guy asked her what she wanted from us, she just said for us to get whatever we want because she wanted to be surprised. So we told her she had to write a letter to Santa so he would know what to bring, otherwise Santa would not bring anything for her. On her list: Nintendo DS, a make up set, blendy pens, pix-os, various Webkins related stuff, a couple of Little Pet Shop items, smelly lip balm, a book about art, and a jeweled nacklace. I found the list very amusing. Most of the stuff probably got into her head because she rides the bus with middle school kids. I know that's where she has played the DS. Santa will be bringing her a couple of art books and lip balm.
No comments:
Post a Comment