Penguin Girl has a new #1 Best Friend! I discovered this upon reading an essay she wrote for English, starring said new BFF, which came home today in her school folder.
Me: A is your #1 Best Friend now!?!? What happened to K?
PG: (sheepish grin) Yeah.
Me: Does K know?
PG: (more grinning) Yeah, and she's mad!
Me: So did you tell K?
PG: No, she can just tell.
Me: How?
PG: Because I spend so much time with A. (eyeroll here--duh, Mom) And also E. K doesn't like it.
Me: How can you tell she's mad?
PG: She's saying it's not fair that I'm hanging out all the time with A.
Penguin Girl's first best friend was AW. They were always very sweet with each other and so cute together. It was such a nice story to be able to tell people that they had played together since they were babies. Which was true. AW's mom and I brought our girls to the same playgroup since before the girls could walk. Later on they attended the same preschool as well. But alas, they went to different elementary schools. I was very shocked and sort of wistful seeing how easily Penguin Girl adopted K as AW's replacement as soon as the school year started. It was certainly convenient. Penguin Girl and K were in the same class at school and rode the same bus home. They were both so happy to be placed in the same class this year. I suspect the cooling off is due to K being a domineering personality and Penguin Girl realizing that she doesn't always have to accede to her friends. I suppose it was inevitable since little girls have fickle hearts but I really thought K's run would last longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment