Friday, August 6, 2010

Just Us Girls

Car Guy and Mr. Destructo have departed on a road trip to Aunt V's.  Penguin Girl and I are going to have some fun while they're gone.  We have already had a peaceful trip to the library and a shopping expedition to buy embroidery floss (for friendship bracelets--more on that another time).  I told Penguin Girl we could go out for dinner and gave her the choice of sushi, Vietnamese, or Latin food.  She chose the Latin food at a restaurant owned by a family from El Salvador.  Penguin Girl decided she would have a food adventure so she chose items she had never had before:  a guanabana batido and arepa con todo.  I told her that guanabana just tasted fruity and tropical to me.  She said she thought it was like a combination of passion fruit and coconut.  The arepa con todo was a puffy corn tortilla with beef, pork, and chicken inside topped with lettuce and drizzled with a creamy sauce.  Penguin Girl said she actually liked the lettuce with the sauce on it and she ate all the meat filling.  I'd also told her we could go have frozen yogurt after dinner but she was so full, she could not even finish the tortilla part of her dish.  We'll just have to go another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment