Whew! What a day! Lots of excitement since it's also Mr. Destructo's birthday. Penguin Girl has sort of been enjoying Halloween all month long since we have our Halloween countdown house and there is a little door to open each day to reveal the treat that the Halloween Fairy has left. This year, the Halloween Fairy has not been as diligent in making sure to leave a treat each night. She gets distracted because of her new part-time teaching gig. Sometimes her helpful assistant remembers and other times Car Guy and I have just told Penguin Girl that Mr. Destructo got there first and consumed the treat.
In any event, Penguin Girl been looking forward to trick-or-treating. I offered to make her a costume so that she could look like a slice of pizza. She turned me down and opted to wear the purple fairy outfit from her dress up collection. for the past few years, Penguin Girl has left most of her candy out for the Halloween Fairy. In exchange, the Halloween Fairy leaves a gift. This year, Penguin Girl actually considered leaving all her candy because think of how great the present would be. But, alas, candy is hard to resist. Penguin Girl ended up choosing 3 candies to keep for herself.
After the kids were in bed, I went to replace the candy with The Black Book of Buried Secrets, the latest in the 39 Clues series. I saw that Penguin Girl left an envelope in the basket along with the candy. Inside the envelope were many handmade coupons, goofy doodles, and a note to the Halloween Fairy. The interesting thing about this note is that you can see my writing on one side. It is the same note that I wrote to Penguin Girl last year. She wrote a response on the other side and kept it for this whole year so that she could give it back to the Halloween Fairy. Car Guy and I roll our eyes all the time about how scattered Penguin Girl can be. I guess she just chooses to remember the really important stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment