Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer is Here!

Boy is it ever.  It's been going up into the 90s for a while.  Good thing Penguin Girl has A/C at her school.  A couple of weeks ago, Penguin Girl was excited to participate in Field Day.  She was looking forward to having snow cones and the event where you can try to dunk an adult by throwing tennis balls at the target (many thanks to the PTA for funding the rental of the dunk tank and all the parents who were such good sports to volunteer to be dunked).  The weather report predicted temperatures in the mid-90s.  Car Guy and I asked if Penguin Girl wouldn't rather stay home.  The intrepid Penguin Girl said, "No.  Why would I?"

When I picked her up from the bus stop at the end of the day, I asked if she would still choose to go to Field Day if she had the chance to go back and change her mind.  Now she wasn't so sure.  It must have been pretty hot out there.

Last Friday was the last day of school.  Penguin Girl got her report card that said she is officially promoted to 3rd grade.  Whoo-hooo!  This summer her school is scheduled to move to a different building.  It's not a new building but it will be new and amazing for all of us.  In the meantime, Penguin Girl has much to look forward to this summer.  This week she is doing a week of softball camp.  When I picked her up, she immediately announce, "I got hit by the ball a LOT!"  She was pretty enthusiastic with the announcement so it probably didn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment