Friday, January 3, 2014

Taipei for the Holidays

We had a fun trip to Taipei and got to spend lots of time with Ye-Ye and Uncle A. The big highlight for Penguin Girl was probably eating conveyor belt sushi.


We also stopped at an outdoor market. The fruit is really big!


We also went to the zoo,


to an amusement park,


to an exhibit about an old comic, 老夫子,


and shrimp fishing.





On our way back from climbing Elephant Mountain, we stopped at a park.


The playground was built for little kids.


Even the trip back was fun. We got to ride on the Hello Kitty themed airplane run by EVA Air. At the check-in counter, there is a big cardboard Hello Kitty.

Me:  You want a picture with it?
PG: Nah.
Me:  You know you kinda want to.
PG: Yeah, okay.


There were Hello Kitty postcards, Hello Kitty barf bags, Hello Kitty toilet paper, and Hello Kitty playing cards, all of which Penguin Girl collected. The pillows they handed out to us were encased by Hello Kitty. I snagged a pillowcase for Penguin Girl. Shhh--don't tell!

When we landed at LAX, I rushed the kids through customs to make our connection back home. When we went to check-in, I ungloriously discovered that our flight was not scheduled to leave until the next day. I did not notice this when reviewing the itinerary. Luckily, I have lots of family in L.A. and was able to crash with my cousin W. And since we had the next day free, my Aunt S took charge and arranged our social calendar for the day. We had dim sum, saw all my family who were in town, and had a fantastic dinner at my cousin's house. Even though it was an unplanned stop, it turned out great. I'll have to schedule this type of layover on purpose next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment