Penguin Girl's school holiday began last Friday. I don't know what happened to spring. We seemed to have skipped right on over to summer. I had to (gasp and sputter) turn on the a/c for a few hours at dinnertime yesterday. But still, we've got to run around outside or Mr. Destructo will go bonkers.
At the start of the week, I took both kids to the Carolina Raptor Center. (I even had a coupon--yay!) I timed it so we got there right as it opened so it wouldn't be too hot. It was gorgeous. The last time we were there, Penguin Girl was much smaller and brother-free. This time she could read all the very descriptive signs. "Mom! This bird had severe tissue damage in his wing! What does that mean? What is amputated?"
The Raptor Center is not huge so we were there for only an hour. I was a bit disappointed that their eagle viewing area was closed so as not to disturb the baby eaglets in their nest. But the kids didn't mind. We were mostly chasing Mr. Destructo down the trails, hardly had much time to see the birds. I took this one photo where the kids look like they are happily running along, hand in hand. But actually, one or the other of them, I can't recall which, is madly running after the other because it's just unbearable to have your sibling ahead of you for any length of time.


No comments:
Post a Comment