Spring Break is over and Penguin Girl is back at school. I think I need a vacation after last week. Early in the week, I bought an old school Spirograph toy off Ebay. And I paid more than I planned but you just can't get Spirograph anywhere else. The new ones out there are ridiculously poor imposters. The set I ordered got here mid-week. Penguin Girl and I were both excited to play with it. Then I realized the colored ball point pens I had did not fit well into the tiny Spirograph holes. I rummaged out an ordinary click pen with dark blue ink for Penguin Girl to use until we could go to Staples the next day. Wouldn't you know it but Staples had a set of gel pens on sale for 2 bucks and they were perfect.
I demonstrated a bit for Penguin Girl and realized Spirograph is much harder than I remembered but still very fun. I also realized that Penguin Girl is much more creative than I am. She didn't just make designs; she incorporated her designs into her illustrations.
She said the little creature is a hamster. Of course it is.
We also made terrariums one day while Mr. Destructo was napping. I chose a very small jar and it just wasn't big enough. The moisture just completely fogs up all the glass and you can't see a thing. Penguin Girl's turned out really great.
We got 2 types of groundcover moss and a mini sedum from Home Depot and Lowes. We only used a tiny bit so we're giving the rest away to friends so they can make their own.
And to crown the week, Penguin Girl got to attend a classmate's birthday party. He was a mad scientist and they did experiments like baking soda volcanoes and Mentos shooting out of soda bottles. Best of all, she got to run around like mad with her friends.






No comments:
Post a Comment