Thursday, June 24, 2010

Super Hero Father's Day

I helped Penguin Girl with her Father's Day gift for Car Guy.  I downloaded a template for labels to make a super hero snack kit and we went to the market to buy the goodies for the kit.  One of the items on our list was a candy bar.  We perused the fancy chocolate bars and the two finalists were a chili-chocolate and a bacon-chocolate.  Penguin Girl reasoned that since Dad really likes bacon and also really likes chocolate, that's the one we should get.  We also got chocolate covered toffees, wasabi snack mix, a toffee popcorn mix, and a soda.  


Once I sealed the box, Penguin Girl decorated the outside.  Then on Father's Day, she snuck outside and left it on the porch and rang the doorbell.  Car Guy was surprised to find his delivery from the Super Hero Supply Company but Penguin Girl could not resist and spilled the beans that it really was from us.

Update:  The bacon-chocolate was interesting.  Car Guy is not a fan of chocolate with savory elements.  On the other hand, I really like a little salt like the flavor you get when you cover salted pretzels with chocolate.  But the meatiness of the bacon just made the whole chocolate experience sort of weird.  The kids like it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment