Thursday, June 10, 2010

Field Trip

Last month, I helped to chaperone the last 1st grade field trip of the year.  We went to the city's farmer's market.  The kids had to do a scavenger hunt and find assorted things at the market.  They were also supposed to have the experience of shopping and spending a few dollars.  They were all encouraged to buy something for their moms because Mother's Day was two days later.  I gave Penguin Girl $5.  She bought me two irises.  Then she had $2 left.  She wanted to buy some strawberries but all the vendors were selling them for $3 or more per basket.  I suggested she ask if she could buy fewer with $2.  A kind woman took pity on her and gave her a discount for a pint basket.  Unbeknownst to her, Penguin Girl successfully negotiated a deal by herself!


No comments:

Post a Comment